Following the advice and guidance from NHS England and our governing body ‘The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy’ (CSP), we have now resumed face to face physiotherapy consultations, where both clinically appropriate and necessary. Video consultations will continue to be offered either via Skype, Facetime or WhatsApp.
To ensure both your safety and the safety of our staff, face to face appointments will only be offered where clinically appropriate and following a risk screen and triage phone call by one of our Physiotherapists. Following the initial triage call either a video or face to face consultation will be offered. Future appointments may alternate between video and face to face where appropriate.
To allow a return to face to face consultations we are following advice and guidelines from the CSP and NHS England and completed an infection risk assessment. We have put in place the following:
· An enhanced cleaning programme.
· Staff and patients are not to attend clinic if either displaying signs and symptoms of Covid-19 including a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste. (or have been in contact with anyone who has Covid-19 and has not self-isolated for 14 days.)
· Face to face appointments will only be offered when clinically necessary and when video consultation would not be sufficiently effective. A physiotherapist will call to assess.
· Reduced seating in reception area to allow for social distancing between patients.
· Staggered clinician appointment times to minimise patient to patient contact on change over.
· Patients to wear a face covering.
· Staff and patient temperature checks on entry to building. Anyone displaying temperature of 37.8 or over will be asked not to enter.
· A hand sanitising station located in reception which must be used for before and after appointments.
· All staff will be wearing appropriate PPE including where appropriate: Mask, Gloves, Face Shield or Protective Glasses and Apron. In line with Public Health England.
· Limited availability for face to face appointments to reduce number of patients in clinic at any one time.
· To help us keep the number of people in clinic to a minimum we would ask that accompanying adults wait in cars or outside clinic and children do not attend unless they are the patient.
· Rooms will be cleaned and ventilated between patients and PPE changed.
To request either a face to face or video consultation please use the contact us form on our home page. If you have any concerns or questions about attending clinic during this pandemic then please do not hesitate to